14th Shock & Impact Loads on Structures (2021)
3 - 5 Nov 2021 Singapore
On behalf of the Organising Committee, we welcome you to join us in Singapore from 3 – 5 November 2021 to attend this regular bi-annual event of SI21.
This Conference provides you with opportunities to share common interests in the latest research and development into the effects of shock and impact on structures, blast protection practice and recent topics that influence protective security around the world.
Singapore, a congenial location where the East meets the West, is situated in vibrant South East Asia. Nestled amongst the dynamic neighbouring countries of ASEAN, it is one of the fastest growing economies following the recent worldwide pandemic. With a diverse population and culture of over 5.5 million inhabitants, you will find everything you need in an area of about 720 km2. The Singapore metropolis is a modern city filled with vibrancy of the East and West – a fusion that encompasses the best of everything that the world has to offer.
The Conference Committee welcomes your active participation in sharing knowledge and ideas that make this an event to remember in a new normal post-pandemic world. The warmth and hospitality is here to serve all participants.
We look forward to seeing you in Singapore in November 2021.
T.S. Lok & C.K. Ang
Conference Organising Committee:
150 Orchard Road #07-14
Tel: +65 67332922
Mobile: +65 91270094
The following themes are scheduled for discussion:
- Earthquake Shock, including rapid hydraulic shock from tsunamis
- Impact-Resistant Structures (Ballistics, Fragmentation, Vehicles)
- Numerical Simulation and Modelling of Impact, Shock and Blast
- Dynamic Soil-Structure Interaction and Ground Shock
- Penetration Mechanics, Shock and Wave Propagation
- Dynamic Behaviour of Structural Elements & Design
- Explosion caused by High Explosives, Gas, Dust and Fertilisers
- Blast Loading on Structures & Protective Technology
- Experimental Techniques, Material Behaviour at High Strain Rate
- Hostile Vehicle Mitigation, Crashworthiness of Street Structures
- Explosion Containment Vessels
- Bio-hazard Mitigation, Infrastructure Protection
- Aerial, Land and Undersea/Underground Threat and Mitigation
- Special Sessions on Specific Topics
Download SI21 brochure here
|Close of abstract submission||15 April 2021|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||15 June 2021|
|Full text to be received||15 August 2021|
|Advised of paper acceptance||15 September 2021|
|Conference Dates||4 - 5 November 2021|
Register to attend the conference to present your research findings, learn about latest technologies, and network with fellow researchers and practitioners from all over the world.
Pending PDUs from The Professional Engineers Board Singapore.
The publication fee can be used to offset one registration fee. Registration fees include attendance to sessions, the conference kit, soft copy of Proceedings, refreshments and lunch on both days of Conference.