The 14th International Conference onCALL FOR PAPERS
INSPECTION, APPRAISAL, REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE OF STRUCTURES
(including Rehabilitation, Strengthening & Retrofitting)
25-27 April 2018, Singapore
You are invited to submit Abstracts (about 300-400 words with keywords) by email to the Secretariat.
Please note the Important Dates
• last date to receive abstracts:28 December 2017
• full text to be received: 15 March 2018
• Conference Dates: 26-27 April 2018
download RB18_Paper_Template_.docxThemes include:
1. Physical Inspections for defects/deteriorations/damages on Buildings and Structures of all type of Constructions
2. Studies of Documents and Estimations of loads and Environmental Effects
3. Testing Methods to Establish the in-situ Strength, Serviceability and Durability of the Existing Buildings and Structures
4. Defect /deterioration/ Damage Diagnosis and Forensic Confirmations of the actual causes
5. Repairing Methods (Materials, Technologies) for Rehabilitations
6. Cost Effectiveness on the Repair/Rehabilitation Methods
7. Damages Due to Natural Disasters/Accidents and Other Causes
8. Stiffening and Strengthening Requirements and Methods
9. Post Strengthening Confirmations of Building Structural Adequacies
10.Maintenance/Prevention Strategies/Methods for Long Term Sustainability of Buildings
11.Legal aspects and Insurance issues
12.Case studies and histories
and any other appropriate themes, deemed suitable.A Special Session on “Strengthening of Structures using Fibrous wrappings”
shall be chaired by Associate Professor Tat Seng Lok, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Submissions of papers are invited Strengthening of damaged structural components using fibrous wrappings has many advantages compared to removal and rebuilding of the components. The wrapping is flexible and may be moulded to the shape of the original structural form to preserve its aesthetics. The wrapping doubles-up as an inert barrier to prevent further deterioration of the damaged component. These components may occur underwater or exposed to aggressive environments on the ground surface and below-ground. This Special Session invites papers on technical issues, such as analysis/design of structures strengthened with fibrous wrappings, specifications of wrappings (number of layers, orientation, etc.) and case studies of fibrous wrappings of structural components. Topics related to preservation of structures (e.g. ancient architectural form) using fibrous materials are especially welcomed.
Highly Commendable Paper Awards will be bestowed on original and outstanding papers presented at the Conference. Keynote and Invited Lectures are not included in the Awards scheme.Publication Clause
CI-PREMIER Conference Organisation will require all authors to allow the Conference to hold the copyrights of the papers published in the Proceedings, which will carry an ISBN reference. Full length papers will be published on CDRom or USB.
All abstracts received are reviewed for acceptance and the accepted texts are also peer reviewed for the Conference Award Schemes, where applicable.
Please note that it is part of the requirements of acceptance that the author or one of the co-authors will attend the Conference and present the paper.
Papers accepted for inclusion in the Conference Proceedings will have to be registered with a text-inclusion fee (TIF) of SGD450 per paper. (The full registration fee includes the TIF of one paper only)
For enquiries, please contact:Conference Secretariat
CI-PREMIER PTE LTD
150 Orchard Road #07-14, Orchard Plaza,
Tel: 65 67332922; 65 91270094